Deals Of The Day
There is no Products has Price Countdown!
The Causes Of Dry Skin And Ways To Improve It
The Causes of Dry Skin and Ways to Improve It.
What is Dry Skin?
Dry skin is mainly caused by insufficient hydration of the skin due to extrinsic and intrinsic factors.
What Causes Dry Skin?
a) Extrinsic environmental factors.
Uncontrollable external circumstances such as sudden change of weather with extremely cold air with low humidity or prolong exposure to excessive sunlight and UV rays are the main causes of skin dryness. Are you aware that all it takes its just a few minutes of unprotected direct sunlight exposure each day over a period of time leads to profound skin dryness, wrinkling and laxity? Worse still, the harmful ultraviolet (UV) exposure eventually breaks down the collagen matrix under the skin and impairs the synthesis of new collagen.
b) Intrinsic aging due to menopause.
Hormone production also affect our skin as we age, the intrinsic menopause in women leads to a reduction in estrogen production which consequently results in skin dryness. Meanwhile, menopause also decreases testosterone level which regulates the activities of oil-producing glands. Lower testosterone means less natural lipid protection on the skin surface which also induces drier skin.
Prolong usage of over the counter prescription like Retinoid which is widely used to treat acne and to smooth wrinkles may cause dryness, itchiness and redness of the skin.
d) Health conditions
The following medical conditions may cause dry skin:
- Atopic dermatitis
Indications of Dry Skin
Besides the discomfort skin tightness caused by skin dryness, the unsightly flaky and scaly dry surface would eventually lead to formation of fine lines and wrinkles and in some cases skin itching. Dry skin could be a mild and temporary condition, however if left untreated, it could develop to be a long term skin problem.
- A feeling of skin tightness, especially after face cleansing, showering, bathing or swimming.
- Rough surface.
- Itching (pruritus).
- Slight to severe flaking, scaling or peeling.
- Fine lines and wrinkles appearance.
- Greyish and ashy skin tone.
- Redness and sensitive.
- Deep cracks that may bleed.
Our Expert Advice
Chronic dry skin condition such as ichthyosis disorder can sometimes be disfiguring and upsetting. In order not to aggravate the dry skin condition, we should stay away from extremely hot or cold weather with low humidity and avoid hot shower or steam bath. Meanwhile, it is important to use our hypoallergic and anti-dryness Glowing Cleanser for face cleansing in order to retain the natural lipid barrier of the skin while intensely moisturising your skin with Illuminating Serum and followed by SupremEffects to gradually improve the skin ability to retain water while counteracting aging and fine lines significantly. Whether you’re trying to soothe dry skin or to prevent the occurrence of dry skin, maintaining an appropriate skin care routine is essential.
As a first step to avoid drying skin, use a pH balanced cleanser.
We strongly recommend that you use a non-drying gel type face cleanser which is gentle to your skin while exhibiting the efficacies of removing surface impurities and excess cellular build-up without disrupting the natural lipid balance. It is enriched with Black Mulberry with high concentration of resveratrol, a potent super antioxidant that helps to fight against free radicals while fortifying the cellular matrix to reduce wrinkle formation. Glowing Cleanser is perfect for all skin types, even for the most sensitive skin.
Second Step: Hydration & Replenishment
It is important to use a non-greasy moisturizer, SupremEffects, an Award-Winning peptide formulation that contains natural substance like hyaluronic acid that aids in improving skin permeability for lasting hydration while elevating the skin’s structural functioning properties in enhancing its elasticity, smoothness and radiance. It also contains Vitamin E, a natural antioxidant which is vital in protection against harmful rays and free radicals and Ubiquinone Coenzyme Q10 which helps to combat against photo-aging by minimizing damage caused by cutaneous oxidation.
Not only does SupremEffects increase water absorption of the skin tissues, but it also helps to diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles via restoration of collagen synthesis by reducing fine lines and wrinkles formation while providing optimum revitalization and firmness to the skin.
Third Step: As the most important regimen to use a broad-spectrum protective sunscreen.
Our best advice is to avoid the harmful effects of the sun by applying a broad-spectrum sunscreen all year-round. Even though the intensity of UVB rays varies by season, location and specific duration of day, with 10am to 4pm being the peak sun burning hours, prolong exposure leads to permanent damage over time. With proper and adequate protection from UV radiation with our Timeless Sun Care which is a complete broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF 30, you could easily reduce and prevent the signs of photo aging at your fingertips besides protecting your skin against sunburn.
What are UV Rays?
The sunlight that reaches us is made up of two types of harmful rays: long wave ultraviolet A (UVA) and short wave ultraviolet B (UVB). UVA rays penetrate deep into the dermis layer while UVB rays tend to burn the superficial layers of your skin which plays a key role in the development of skin cancer.
Unprotected exposure can lead to premature skin aging and wrinkling (photoaging) and eventually the suppression of the immune system. In fact, up to 90% of the visible skin physiological aging are caused by sun exposure.
- Skip the soap. Soaps, especially antibacterial and deodorizing bars, can be drying and harsh. Use mild gel type cleansers instead.
- Slather up. “The minute you’re out of the shower, put on your skin care immediately especially soothing toner FresHydra and SupremEffects. The reason being, if you apply your skin care while your skin is still damp, it helps to retain your natural moisture.
- Hydrate from within. Get your internal hydration with sufficient daily consumption of drinking water. Drinking plenty of water (1,5 Litre to 2 Litre) is important at every age, especially as you get older. Moisturizing from the inside out as well as the outside helps to keep your skin smoother and subtle.
- Exercise regularly. Regular exercise promotes good circulation, which helps to detoxify and nourish your skin.
- Balance your diet. Eating a balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals also helps to promote healthy-looking skin. Choose antioxidant-rich fruits and vegetables high in vitamins A and C, and whole grains meal. In addition, “healthy” fats, such as omega-3 fatty acid also helps to boost lipid balance in your skin.
- Don’t smoke. On top of other damage caused by cigarettes, smoking can advance skin aging, which explains why smokers tend to have more wrinkles and drier skin.
You can’t stop the aging process, which causes your skin to lose elasticity and natural moisture, but you can minimize sun exposure, avoid cigarettes, exercising and eating right while applying the right regimen of skin care which help to promote natural healthier skin regardless of your age.