Controlled Skin Exfoliation
Glycolic Acid Peel which is derived from sugar cane, is a fruit acid that has the smallest molecule of the Alpha Hydroxy Acid group (AHA’s). This explains why it is capable of penetrating easily right into pores and effectively dissolves the glue that binds the dead cells together. As a medium-grade chemical peel, it thereby effectively exfoliates away the rough, dull and dead cells from the superficial layer. Meanwhile it accelerates cell proliferation by rejuvenating and regenerating the skin cells underneath. This helps to minimize wrinkles formation while enhancing an even skin tone without the appearance of blemishes. More importantly, it is able to maintain the skin’s pH at its optimal level.
AHA PRONALEN 50 is a concentrated organic acid derived from passion fruit, lemon, grape and pineapple. With a total of 50% concentration of AHAs (lactic acid, glycolic acid, citric acid and tartaric acid), it diminishes coenocyte cohesion, thereby improves the elasticity of the stratum corneum while elevating skin natural moisturizing effect.
Niacinamide also known as vitamin B3 and nicotinic acid, is a very effective skin-restoring ingredient that offers multiple benefits for aging skin. Besides, it has proven high efficacy in improving the appearance of enlarged pores, enlivening uneven and dull skin tone, mitigating fine lines formation, and strengthening of damaged tissues. It combats the ROS damage caused by environmental pollution and excessive UV rays while maintaining the skin pH stability under extreme weather conditions, heat or light.
- Pore Shrinking
- Supresses Acne Formation
- Reverses Sun Damage
Glycolic acid peel helps to reduce the appearance of pores. Pores are enlarged when they are clogged with dirt and bacteria, resulting in blackheads. Glycolic acid peel permeates into the epidermis and removes the dead skin cells on the surface thus resulting in refining of skin texture while revealing a glowing, healthy skin tone.
Glycolic acid peel shows high efficacy for combating acne and post-acneic scars due to its anti-inflammatory properties. It reduces skin impurities and neutralizes unwanted bacteria that cause blemishes by clearing blocked pores and blackheads. This ‘micro-peeling’ renews your skin into a youthful and luminous look while soothing irritated and damaged skin.
Extended exposure to the sun causes discoloration and dark spots on the surface of your skin. Glycolic acid peel reveals a fresh layer of skin by lessening the appearance of sun-related spots. Glycolic acid stimulates cells regeneration and proliferation which results in a brighter and even tone complexion.
Glycolic acid peel strengthens the dermis by mitigating the occurrence of wrinkles while delaying other signs of aging. The skin will be smoother and plumper and infused with a healthy radiance after 4th weekly of application.
Recommended Treatment Protocol
Thoroughly cleanse your face with Glowing Cleanser and pad dry your skin.
What To Expect From ExfoLight Micro-Peel:• Skin will tingle – a good sign! It may feel a bit ‘bitey’ but shouldn’t be painful or too uncomfortable.
• Not to alarm if your skin turns pink or reddish particularly in highly sensitive skin zone.
• The tingling sensation will subside after 30 seconds. Once the peel reaches the maximum penetration, the sensation will resolve by itself. However, it doesn’t mean that the peel has stopped functioning.
• Rinse the face with clean, cold water after 5 minutes.
• It is highly recommended to apply our signature post peel treatment mask, the Professional eco2 gel mask for soothing, nourishing and oxygenating effect after removal of the peel. This is the normal professional clinic procedure for chemical peeling facials as the skin is perfectly primed to absorb all the moisturizing, renewing and revitalizing goodness released by the mask transdermally into the skin.
• It’s best to do this in the evening so you will not be exposed to the sunlight immediately after the treatment.
• It is highly critical to wear our Timeless Sun Care which is a broad spectrum sunscreen to protect the skin after the peel.
Aftercare• The skin may feel slightly dry and tight for the next 2-3 days as the superficial dead cells of the skin has been removed. Keep applying our high concentrated non-articulated hyaluronic acid Fullnesse and Illuminating Serum to prevent the skin tightness.
• Avoid excessive heat or harsh weather conditions.
• Remember to use Timeless Sun Care whenever you go outdoor.
The Maintenance Care– How often you should use the micro-peel and its maintenance.
• You will observe a smoother, refreshing looking complexion with an irresistible glow few days after the treatment.
• Long term cumulative benefits will be shown after 4 weeks of continuous treatments with the intervals of twice a week. In this manner, the cell turnover will be increased and the surface of skin will be refined.
• Once you’ve done a few peels at this rate and are seeing good results, a maintenance treatment once every 1 or 2 weeks is all it takes. This helps to avoid over-peeling effects such as skin thinning or hypersensitivity.
• As an advice of caution – Do not take for granted the instant glow from the micro-peel as a reason to do it more frequently at home.
• We are pledged to improve your skin to perform at its best. The peel will help your skin to regain its strength and flexibility over time.